Friday, October 13, 2006

Blog 2

Basic Matinee Sequence

For this assignment I had to create a level using Unreal Ed, and then using the Matinee Tool, create a basic flythrough of the level that I created which lasted five minutes.

To get started in this assignment I had to familiarize myself with the Unreal Ed package again as I had not used it in a long time. After a few days of familiarizing myself with Unreal Ed, I got working on my level. The first thing that I decided to do was to choose a theme for my level. After looking through the different texture packages and static meshes, I decided to give my level on an Egyptian theme. I then went onto create the rooms in my level. I created two small rooms to start the level off. I used some static meshes in the first room, and in the second room I created a small pool of water. I then created some corridors which leads into my main room. In here I have two walkways, one which takes you down to ground level of my main room, and the other leads you out of the room and into a different room. In my main room I have used different static meshes to decorate the room. There are two final smaller rooms which I have created and I have also used static meshes to decorate the rooms.

Once I was satisfied with my level I then started to use the matinee tool to create the flythrough. I have used different techniques to achieve the flythrough, which include using Bezier lines, straight lines for the camera to follow, I have used look at targets to look to things through my level. I have also used pauses and camera cut. The flythrough ends by using a fade out.

I have quite enjoyed creating my level, and I feel I have shown that I can use the matinee tool, as I was asked to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home